On 19.4.2015 г. 16:43, Enrico Tröger wrote:
On 17/04/15 21:42, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:

Alright, I finally got it.
To whoever might be interested:

1. The default theme for gtk+ 2.24 under Windows has been changed [...]

2. The horizontal (only) notebook tabs backgrounds under "MS-Windows" is
unchangeable with any gtkrc settings. [...]

So, how do we want to proceed?

Warn the users that the default theme has been changed, and they need gtk-theme-name = "Raleigh" in etc/gtkrc to get the previous behavior (unless they already have set a theme, in which case there will be no difference). Using .gtkrc-2.0 in their home path will also work, for the people who prefer/need to run Win~1 as a regular user.

Provided that Thomas' underline trick works with the MS-Windows theme,
we could maybe add this to the Wiki by providing a copy&paste ready
gtkrc snippet for Windows users who want to a better visual indication
of the active tab?

That would be nice, I have seen editors under Win~1 providing bold as an option for the active tab. However, I don't know a way to address the editor notebook specifically under gtk+ 2, without affecting the sidebar (and any other notebooks at the same hierarchy level). Setting the editor notebook widget name to "GeanyEditorNotebook" does the trick, but breaks compatibility: the current

widget "GeanyMainWindow.GtkVBox.GtkVPaned.GtkHPaned.GtkNotebook*"

addressing does not match GeanyEditorNotebook any more.

So, instead of setting the widget name in Geany, it may be better to write a small plugin that ui_lookups for specified widget id-s, and sets their widget names. That'll make every single geany.glade widget addressable, and let the user decide on what (s)he wants.

--
E-gards: Jimmy