Hi,

>>> Greetings,
>>>  Sorry if this has been asked in the past. I've attempted to find similar
>>> topics in the
>>> list archive. But to no avail. The link on Geany's MailingList page
>>> (http://news.gmane.org/gmane.editors.geany.devel)
>>> to search the archives returns 404.
>>> So my question is; are there any issues building on OSX? I'm currently
>>> maintaining over 100 ports on FreeBSD,
>>> and use Geany for most of my work, but have recently taken an interest in
>>> OSX, and now feel handicapped without
>>> it (Geany). While I see that you provide a link to an OSX dmg image for
>>> OSX, It's 64bit only, and is limited to
>> 10.7 or greater. What I'd like to do, is create a universal binary that
>> coveres the
>> whole gambit (10.*). So I guess my question is;
>> 1) Does Geany compile on OSX out of the box?
>> 2) If not, is there already any work on this I might expand on, rather than
>> re-invent the wheel?
>> FWIW I evaluated MacPorts, but found it less than ideal, and upon further
>> evaluation, found
>> HomeBrew a better candidate.
>
> Have to leave those detailed questiosn for the OSX maintainer.
>
> On gmane, its front page says:
>
> "We're going through a complete rebuild, so some things are very
> broken. Please see our blog at http://home.gmane.org/ for news."
>
> and most of the editors pages are broken ATM.

We had this topic already about a year ago:
http://devel.geany.narkive.com/niAqeADi/geany-devel-searchable-email-archives

but didn't do anything.
I see a few options:

a) do nothing and hope Gmane will come back by itself
b) switch the search boxes on the website to Narkive
c) find another cool mailing list archive provider which we all love
d) do not provide any search box on the website but instead something
like "search the net with your favorite search provider"

(I do not want to integrate a Google search on the website.)

Regards,
Enrico