Thanks a lot, it worked. I am now seeing a GTK3 version number in the debug messages.
Greetings, Lars

On 20.02.2018 22:59, Lex Trotman wrote:
On 21 February 2018 at 06:32, Thomas Martitz <ku...@rockbox.org> wrote:
Am 20.02.2018 um 18:00 schrieb Lars Paulsen:
Hello All,

I have a simple question: how can I force geany-plugins to be built
against GTK3?

I tried "CFLAGS=-dGP_GTK_VERSION_MAJOR=3 ./configure" but that did not
help. I saw the line "Geany version:                1.33 (GTK2)" in the
configure output. Do I have to re-build geany with the CFLAGS above to make
the geany-plugins use GTK3?

Geany-plugins must be compiled against the same GTK version as Geany core.
There is simply no way that GTK2 and 3 co-exist in the same process.

Therefore geany-plugins always follows Geany in this regard.
To be explicit configure Geany --prefix=/some/where --enable-gtk3 and
make install

Configure plugins --prefix=/some/where --with-geany-libdir=/some/where/lib

Cheers
Lex