Hi Lex,

it turned out I had not.

Then I installed it using apt-get install but Ubuntu only installed a version 0.42 which was older than required.

So I downloaded the sources and built it myself.
After that the error message about the missing "#include <vte/vte.h>" was gone.

But I got linker errors for calls to unresolved external function "vte_terminal_set_color_foreground_rgba". I assume this is some geany macro stuff. It turned out I can simply call "vte_terminal_set_color_foreground" because they changed the parameter from "GdkColor" to "GdkRGBA" - just what I needed.

So far vte issues seems to be solved.
Thanks to all for helping out again.

Regards,
Lars