Hello,

I have got a question regarding the design of Geany or better say how do the components work together regarding ctags.

I think I understood that ctags files can contain global tag definitions, e.g. for external APIs. Lexers are there for the syntax highlighting. Scintilla is the editor component. But which part parses the code at the current cursor position during typing to decide when an existing ctag shall be displayed in a calltip? E.g. the user types "printf(" and the argument list appears (read from ctags). Where is the parsing/recognition of the "printf(" done?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Lars