Hi,

Regarding https://github.com/geany/geany/issues/1870

What are people's thoughts on transitioning away from GitHub?

I personally have given GitHub a free pass up to now due to the benefits they were providing to the FOSS community. Following the Microsoft buyout I no longer wish to do so and have moved all repositories I control to GitLab. I am considering closing my GitHub account altogether and will be considerably more likely to contribute to GitLab projects in future. In this i'm sure that I am not alone.

I also think that Geany, as a Free and Open Source Software program, should be hosted on a FOSS repository management site. The same open source arguments that we use to promote Geany apply here.

At the very least I think the gitlab.com/geany project domain should be claimed and mirrored.

Kind Regards,
Mark