On Wed, 10 May 2023 at 09:40, e.antonoff--- via Devel <devel@lists.geany.org>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> New here. I am not a C/C++ dev, so I simply joined in order to add my
> color theme to the geany_themes repo, but got a problem:
>
> So I cloned locally geany_themes, made a new branch, added my theme and a
> screenshot, rebased and tried to push the branch to master, in order to
> later make a pull request, but got access denied. I am this github user.
> Could I please get access to push my branch?

It sounds like you are trying to push to the geany_themes repo.  You do not
have permission to do that.  You need to follow the normal github workflow,
make a personal github fork of geany_themes, local clone from that, not the
geany_themes repo, make your new branch and push it to your github fork,
then make a pull request on the geany_themes repo and someone with the
correct permissions will check it and merge it into geany_themes if its ok.

Github help has more info on the process if you need it.

Cheers
Lex