Hello all,

Thank you for your emails.

1) eToys:
It would be very nice to have support for Analog Input in eToys.

You could use my code -

See
http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/measure;a=blob_plain;f=audioGrab.py;hb=HEAD
(getting samples)

and
http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/measure;a=blob_plain;f=buttons.py;hb=HEAD
(toggling between AC/DC modes and controlling bias voltage etc.)

Or I could easily provide you with a class that you could use. I could make
functions in that class that could simply return to you the required values.
For example there could be a function that you could call to return avg
voltage or rms voltage, select between ac/dc modes, set bias_on, set
bias_off.....

Let me know if I can help in any way.

I have opened the following ticket . See here -
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/2800
I have not assigned the ticket to any one nor set a time line for it as of
now. Please feel free to set those.

2) Output Analog/Digital:
The USB is an interesting idea as I had discussed with Mitch. I could simply
make a board using a USB to parallel kind of a chip. I will be getting down
to doing something similar shortly.
Anybody would suggest to explore audio out for a similar purpose ?

3) Other ideas for sensor input :
Mitch and Wad had suggested regarding exploring some basic medical
applications using the Analog Input port. For example maybe be able to
measure pulse rate ...
I am quite excited about these ideas and plan to think about things to do on
these lines too. Any initial suggestions ?

regards,
Arjun

--
Arjun Sarwal