Le vendredi 15 février 2008 à 14:35 -0500, Rene De Santiago a écrit :
> I've been looking at how to implement a new communication manager that
> communicates with the OLPC presence service and I'm still trying to
> make sense out of parts involved there, like DBus, the presence
> service and the existing plugins (linklocal_plugin.py and
> server_plugin.py).

As you said, these 2 plugins are a simple glue between the PS and 2
Telepathy connection manager.
linklocal_plugin is used with telepathy-salut, the XMPP linklocal CM and
server_plugin.py with telepathy-gabble, the XMPP/Jabber CM.

> Can someone provide more insight on the role of the above plugins? It
> seems that they act as "glue" between the presence service and the
> connection managers implemented in C.  The OLPC wiki also provides a
> list of methods for the Presence Service DBus, what are the plugins
> that interact between the Connection Managers and the Presence Service
> to satisfy these methods.  Furthermore, the DBus documentation talks
> about "bindings" that can be use to interface with it, are the plugins
> mentioned above (linklocal_plugin.py and server_plugin.py) these
> bindings or are they somewhere else?
>
> Also, is there any documentation about the interface between the
> Connection Managers and the activities?  The OLPC wiki only provides a
> brief document about the methods.
>
> Any insight would be appreciated.

You can find some documentation on the OLPC wiki:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Category:Telepathy

You'll also be interested in the Telepathy D-Bus specification:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec.html and
http://people.collabora.co.uk/~cassidy/spec-olpc.html for the OLPC
specific interfaces.

What do you want to do exactly?