Hi,

   > Can anyone opine as to whether it's possible/feasible right now to
   > estimate number of minutes of battery power remaining?

You could look at gnome-power-manager, which performs a principled
estimation -- a matrix of previous discharge rate intervals indexed by
the charge at the time and the actual average discharge rate during that
interval.  OHM/suspend complicates everything, though.

A neat idea was suggested at the mini-conference:  we had the "pie"
view for seeing how much memory each activity was using, and it might
be possible to build up (over a long period of time) a view of how much
power each activity uses as well.  :)

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>