Hi,

I built and installed a customized kernel RPM following these guides:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Rebuilding_OLPC_kernel

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Kernel

Unfortunately, after I boot up the custom kernel, the X server fails to
start because /home is mounted read-only.

My work around is to login via a text virtual console, init S,
umount /home, and then init 5. This gives me a working /home directory
into which I've installed various activities. At this point everything
is working, including my USB serial port and my USB bluetooth radio.

Is there some reason why /home would be mounted read-only? Any pointers
as to this mysterious, to me, behavior of /home would be appreciated.
The mount command doesn't even show anything mounted on /home.

Mine is a G1G1 XO running build 703 (upgraded from build 656). The
kernel RPM I installed is version 2.6.26-20080622.1.olpc.0.