Richard A. Smith wrote:
> Greg Smith wrote:
>

>> 3 - Cursor control the same, including number of XOs where it moves
>> without input or moves without correlation to finger on touchpad
>>

>> 13 - No new cases where the cursor stops responding (AKA hangs) for more
>> than 30 seconds.
>>

> These 2 are going to be really hard to quantify in hard yes or no terms.
>   We can't reproduce the problem with any regularity.  Without a
> repeatable method of causing the various failure modes the best we can
> get is the overall feeling of "goodness" from the testers.

This is why its important to use a scoring method to assess "Stable
enough to release". Many variables that influence the readiness of the
release will not be binary (0/1 or yes/no). Its better to score on a
wider scale (1 to 10 or 1 to 100) and then weight it so that different
variables weigh in differently and give us a composite score.

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University