I haven't had a soaked olpc (yet), but most of the other devices that
hand these kind of problems where much simply cured by :
 - being taken apart
 - carefull cleaning with a cloath, especially for the tip of flat
cable going to a FPC connector which some dirt (oxidation? short
circuit? isolant?) usually accumulate. Saved a wirless phone (display
FPC problem), and a smartphone (keyboard FPC problem) that way.

If that doesn't work, yes you should certainly try washing the
keyboard board and plastic membrane.

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 7:40 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the best thing you could do is to put the device (keyboard) into a bathtub
> with distilled water. No joke! after one or two days the electrolyte
> ingredients will be washed out. After that drip of the water and be patient
> one or two days. The device has to be very dry before you should activate the
> device.
> Maybe the display do not like it.
> I am always treating sunken electronic devices that way, including still
> cameras. A good alternative is ethanol (but not denatured alcohol!).
>
> Best regards,
> yokoy
>
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:44:08 +0545
> Bryan Berry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> The first XO casualty at Nepal's pilot schools a few days ago. A second
>> grader washed his XO because it had gotten too dirty.
>>
>> Thankfully, the display, cpu and motherboard seem to be working fine.
>> The keyboard is non-functional and the mouse is nominally functional.
>>
>> Anyone know a fix for a "washed out keyboard" besides complete
>> replacement?
>>

>> --
>> Bryan W. Berry
>> Systems Engineer
>> OLE Nepal, http://www.olenepal.org

> --

Dr. Guylhem Aznar, MD PhD

Unité d'Analyse Médico-Économique
Service de Santé Publique et d'Économie de la Santé
Pôle SPSSR
CHU de Fort de France
BP 632
97261 Fort De France Cedex