Why does it matter that you cannot adjust the screen brightness from
the console using the special keys? You can adjust it from Sugar
without root access. The idea was to understand what limits we'd face
using the console for root access instead of a special terminal
activity. What are the Sugar/X Window actions that require root
access?

-walter