Le dimanche 28 septembre 2008 à 19:36 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] a
écrit :
> Bonjour Bruno,
>
> I have just installed the last release on a xo. The installation procesure
> with
> xoget failed, an I used the alternative with wget.
>
> The gcompris-activity runs well.
> However, if I try to launch an activity in the "letter"-group of activities, I
> get following error message:
> "Error: the activity requires that you first install the packages with
> GCompris
> voices for the locale 'fr' or 'en'.
>
> This error occurs again on the LiveCD (for example in the version from
> ftp://rohrmoser-engineering.de/pub/XO-LiveCD/XO-LiveCD_080919.iso ), which are
> an important promotion tool, especially in France, where the liveCD is the
> unique possibility to explore GCompris in the sugar environment.

This is because I don't distribute french voices. In order to keep the
full bundle small, well relatively small, I exclude all the voices
except en, es, pt, pt_BR.

It is relatively easy to create a full bundle that includes french.
- Get the gcomprixo branch
  http://gcompris.net/wiki/index.php/Developer%27s_corner
- Get everything needed to build GCompris:
  apt-get build-dep gcompris
- Edit the file tools/full_xo_bundle.sh to no more remove the 'fr'
  directory where the fr voices are.
- Run the script ./tools/full_xo_bundle.sh
- Once complete the bundle is in /tmp/

Tested on Ubuntu Hardy only.

On the long term as anybody a better solution to distribute GCompris and
it's localized voices in an efficient manner.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids