Yes, but our biggest single component of boot time this instant is jffs2
mount (which happens twice during the boot sequence), not covered in
that work.

This is fixable in two ways; partially, by partitioning the flash (which
would remove one mount), or even better, by using Ubifs, which may be
ready for widespread use now.

The rest of it is mostly stuff that we either don't do or can avoid
doing, or have already prototyped (Mitch has had start up scripts in his
back pocket that may also be part of the equasion).

Deepak has begun work on Ubifs testing...
                          - Jim

--
Jim Gettys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
One Laptop Per Child