mikus wrote:
 >   -  First off, every Activity has a 'Name Field' in its top menu.
 > When running any Activity, the user should enter there a short
 > "Title" to identify the resulting Journal entry from all others.
 >
 >   -  Then, upon leaving that Activity, the user should "reflect" on
 > what was done, and "update" the corresponding Journal entry to make
 > it easier to find later.  This is particularly desirable if the
 > "Title" is not meaningful enough by itself for later locating what
 > the user is looking for:

in a traditional system, when a user saves their work, they are
pretty much forced to enter the (hopefully) useful name by which
that work will be retrieved.

if searching is the fundamental retrieval mechanism (which i think
is fine), then my first reaction to mikus' advice is that
activities and/or sugar should be more emphatic about asking for
the descriptive information which be useful later.  i.e., adding
search tags shouldn't be an optional extra step, but a "usual"
step which must be explicitly skipped by the user.

paul