Tomeu et al. -

Thanks - these are very good questions and are definitely on the right
path (that path being, "what exactly do we need to do about it?").  It
is not obvious to me from this thread whether the user goal is XO-to-
XO file transfer or XO-to-other-computer file transfer.  Do we know
that?

        - Ed

P.S. And I'm not overlooking the "I want to save things on my USB
stick because I think it's safer/more secure" aspect.  But that usage
and the XO-to-XO usage only require information in any XO-readable
format, whereas the XO-to-other-computer case has other issues.