On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 06:52:34PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have updated the firmware to Q2E20, and that error message is gone.
> Instead, once its complete, and I try to boot into debxo, it gives me
> a sad face and powers off after 10 seconds. Is this because it's an
> unsigned build, and I have no devel key after the reflash?

Yes, probably.  You apparently didn't disable-security, and so by
flashing debxo you erased the developer key you had on the NAND flash.

> If so, how
> can I put a devel key onto an unbootable XO?

Here is what you should do now:

1.  put the develop.sig on a USB key again, in a security/ directory, as
described in the Wiki page for Developer Keys,

2.  put the USB key in the XO, and power up, you should get the
OpenFirmware messages, at which you press ESC, and get the ok
prompt,

3.  type disable-security and press ENTER, there will be a power cycle,

4.  press ESC again to cancel the automatic boot,

5.  type disable-security and press ENTER.

--
James Cameron    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://quozl.netrek.org/