[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> A new version of the XO-LiveCD is available.

1. I and someone else updated http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Live_CD , taking
the opportunity to clean up some of the other Live CDs here.
2. I added this to http://wiki.laptop.org/go/LiveBackup_XO-LiveCD as well.
3. I updated the broken livecd link in
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Template:Latest_Releases (the green box on
many wiki pages) to point to 2.

> You can download it from:
>   ftp://rohrmoser-engineering.de/pub/XO-LiveCD/XO-LiveCD_081106.iso

(I suggest you use ISO 8601 date format in the future.  081106 looks
like August 11th 2006 to us clueless North Americans, "2008-11-06" has
no ambiguity for anyone anywhere.  Also, release notes as a 310kB PDF?!)

Dumb question: what is the difference between a .iso and a .img file
like http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/custom/g1g1/gg-767-4/gg-767-4.img ?
  Can you mechanically transform one into the other? 1. says "copy [a
.iso] to a prepared USB flash drive" but presumably it's not that simple.

Tomeu Vizio wrote:
> I have updated
> http://sugarlabs.org/go/Supported_systems#Starch with this new
> release.

1. links to that, it also links to the sugar-jhbuild liveCD page
http://www.sugarlabs.org/go/Live_CD , which the sugarlabs #Starch
section doesn't mention.

I need to go to a trade show to get USB flash drives and SD cards for
all these live CDs and Linux distros and SqueakNOS... :)

--
=S Page