Greg S

Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:26:22 -0500 From: "Martin Langhoff"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: [Server-devel] XS 0.5 upgrade
notes To: "Douglas Bagnall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Cc: server-devel
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Message-ID:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
12:31 AM, Douglas Bagnall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > > Some issues noticed with an upgrade from XS 0.4 to a XS 0.5 candidate.
 > >
 > > 1. eth0 and eth1 swapped physical ports.
 > >   After swapping the cables and `service network restart`,
everything was good.

Yeah, that's worthy of a release note commment, and a pointer to
xs-swapnics which does the job too  :-)

 > > I think Martin is working on #3. #4 is (theoretically) fixed.  The
 > > others look WONTFIX-able.

Agree.

 > > At this point I tried to yum upgrade to get changes I'd made since
 > > spinning the ISO, but nothing happened, because:
 > >
 > > [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# yum repolist
 > > repo id              repo name                                status
 > > fedora               Fedora 7 - i386
enabled :   7,382
 > > olpc                 OLPC 7 - i386
enabled :      83
 > > updates              Fedora 7 - i386 - Updates
enabled :   4,545

 > > Yum still wants to use the XS 0.4 repos.  This seems to be related to
 > > #8033 and the use of the alternate /etc/yum.repos.olpc.d/, but I'm not
 > > entirely sure of the solution.

Ouch. So it's still using the old/bad yum config file? That'd be
something to look into around the xs-config upgrade path where we try
to fixup overwritten files.

good spotting,

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- School Server
Architect - ask interesting questions - don't get distracted with shiny
stuff - working code first - http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Martinlanghoff