This isn't directly related to swapping, but if anybody is curious about
flash technology...

Al Fazio from Intel gave a good talk at Stanford EE380 last November.

He had lots of details and numbers about flash technology.  Good geek bait.

Intel is selling flash based disks for laptops.  They do the wear leveling
and block rewriting in hardware.  No changes to the OS required.  Nice power
savings.  (Google for >Intel SSD< gets lots of hits.)

Flash disks have real good seek times.  If you pick the right benchmark, you
can get some impressive numbers.

You can get the slides here:
  http://www.stanford.edu/class/ee380/Abstracts/081112.html

You can get the video here.  It was on November 12, 2008
  http://www.stanford.edu/class/ee380/
When the next quarter starts, this quarter will migrate to the archives.
Look down below on the left column.