Hi!
I would like to ask these questions from OLPC staff:
Does this also mean that people who already own XOs will find that new
software is going to require a computer more powerful than they
currently have?  I thought that that was something that was going to be
specifically avoided.

This is going to be a hard trap not to fall into, although several of
the primary activities (Browse and Write) are based on desktop
products that are not necessarily aimed at low-power or embedded
systems, so I don't know if things will actually be any different.
What about the integrated 3D support? Are you planning to support OpenGL? In that case there will be a very wide performance gap (like 3D acceleration vs no 3D acceleration)...

Also it seems that this machine will be on par with current Netbooks. Are you planning to sell it through normal distribution channels? (As I am interested in theat still no Netbook has the display or the indestructible design my XO has.)