On Tue, 28 Apr 2009, John Watlington wrote:

> On Apr 28, 2009, at 8:16 PM, da...@lang.hm wrote:

>>> And where would you place said detector LED, without modifying the case ?
>>>
>>> (I have the pin...)
>>
>> use one of the existing LED's.
>
> I have no intention to use one of the existing LEDs.   They don't run off
> logic level
> voltages for power reasons, and adding switches would be more expensive than
> dedicating an LED.
>
> Hence my question...

if it's not reasonable to use an existing LED, then I guess this idea
will need to be scrapped. I think the people proposing the idea were
figuring that in the hardware update one of the LEDs could be re-wired so
that it could be run directly (between two pins, the pin that currently
controls it, and a new one)

I will admit to not understanding the power reasons comment. is it that
the LEDs in use draw more power than you want to run through the control
chips?

David Lang