2009/10/23 Albert Cahalan <acaha...@gmail.com>:
> Thus, properly done, the XO labled "C" might have either of:
>
> a. wlan0 to reach A, and wlan1 to reach B (same hardware)
> b. wlan0, from which wlan0_0 and wlan0_1 are instantiated

It can't do this, unless it has 2 independent clocks in the wifi
hardware. I do not know of any hardware that does this.

The issue is that A and B are both hosting their own networks, they
are both beacon masters, spewing beacons based off their own clocks.

C can either talk with A, by finding the beacons, adjusting its own
clock to match. (at this point, any frames coming from B will be heard
as noise)
or it can adjust to B's clock, in order to speak to it (and everyone
else who's synchronized to B). At this point, frames coming from A are
just noise.

Daniel