> I happened to have an SD card with me that had a swap partition
> defined on it.  The XO's SD slot was already in use, so I attached
> an USB card reader (with my card in it), and issued the appropriate
> 'swapon /dev/...' command.

I'd suggest a small enhancement:  that when a removable medium with a
valid swap partition is plugged in, start swapping to it immediately.

That would cause a problem when trying to remove it, though, since
Linux doesn't provide a "dismount all partitions in preparation for
ejecting" operation in the GUI.  Perhaps this is one area where Sugar
could improve on the general Linux GUIs.

        John