On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 11:17:19AM +0000, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

- tweak some of Browse's configuration (
~/.sugar/default/org.laptop.WebActivity/data/gecko/prefs.js ),
Can we make Browse read some global configuration (e.g. /etc/sugar/browserc, slightly similar to /etc/iceweasel/iceweaselrc) as well, so the system administrator can set defaults?

Setting network.proxy.type to 4 manually in about:config enabled WPAD in Browse for me, so adding the following line to the global Browse config (if it existed) would be enough to enable WPAD for all users by default:

user_pref("network.proxy.type", 4);

PS: When trying to reproduce, make sure to unset proxy environment variables (http_proxy, https_proxy, ftp_proxy) as those take precedence over WPAD (which is good!).

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/