On 06.12.2009, at 23:14, Reuben K. Caron wrote:

> As I said it can be launched in Gnome through /home/olpc/Activities/
> OOo4Kids.activity/resources/program/soffice. So I guess the question
> becomes is it sufficient to just link to this in the Gnome side and if
> so how can our build system incorporate this in the process?
>
> I believe we are doing the same thing with etoys. How are we handling
> this with etoys?

Etoys comes in two parts - a system package (which can be run on its own, like
in GNOME) installed in /usr, and the activity, which is just a thin wrapper
installed in ~/Activities. The wrapper doesn't do much more than launching
Etoys under Sugar. Etoys itself has been extended to integrate with Sugar via
D-Bus if it was launched with the wrapper. And to simplify the documentation we
now use the "Sugar look" even on other platforms (Etoys does not actually use
the Sugar activity toolkit for its UI, but emulates that look).

- Bert -