On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 04:26:52AM +0000, Tiago Marques wrote:
> One question, leaving it idling will leave always suspended, right?

Yes.

> Is there any kind of program that can wakeup the laptop from time to
> time when it's suspended?

Yes, there is.

However if you use that method of resuming the event is reported
differently and ohmd will have different input data, so it isn't as true
a test as using your finger on the touchpad or keyboard.

Also, you won't be watching it to look for the problem of the screen
image not being visible despite the power being on.

I think perhaps for this particular bug, being a combination of so many
components, it might be more important to use human interaction.

If you are wanting to suspend and resume while you are not there to
watch it, check out:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO1.5_SD_suspend#Automating_resumes

--
James Cameron