All seems to work pretty well. except powermanagement. I'm running os10 updated
today with kernel, modules, firmware from 12/28 . the default setup with powerd
gives the previously described problem, losing keyboard and mouse upon wakeup.
ohmd gives similar results. pm-suspend ends immediately prior to actually
suspending to ram after blanking screen and disconnecting wireless. The
keyboard but not the mouse is almost always lost when using pm-suspend. Suspend
with hal directly from the command line gives the same results:
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.Hal \
 /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer \
 org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.Suspend \
 int32:0
Why does this command not work? More importantly, why does powerd work (except
for the wakeup problems)? I'm guessing it doesn't use hal or dbus at all. I'd
like to help work on this problem but I don't know much about power-management
and I don't really know how to test it further. Is there a place where os10
development issues are tracked or is it just this mailing list?

james