Disclaimer:  I am not asking for help;  I am sharing my experiences,

I happened to get the message "General Protection Exception" while OFW
was installing os126.  [That is, during 'fs-update u:\os126.zd', when
about one inch of the screen had gotten filled with green squares.]

Did the complete reset (disconnect AC and battery for a minute) -- then
fs-update ran correctly.

Don't know why I've been seeing this situation now, and not earlier.  My
XO-1.5 does have a cat. 6 internal SD card - but the system has been
running well with that SD card for about a month now.

mikus

p.s.  My memory may be unclear, but it seems to me that my system with
      os126 is "snappier" than it was with os125.