Hi Narendra,

On 21 Sep 2010, at 05:56, Narendra Sisodiya wrote:

> Is anybody working on Onscreen Keyboard or related stuff on Sugar ?
> also what is the current status and how I can contribute.
> We got some success to bring Sugar on ARM tablets[1]. now we are
> exploring more. need suggestion too

As per Tomeu's email, Sayamindu had done the most investigation in this area I
think. He implemented mobins fvkbd (http://git.moblin.org/cgit.cgi/fvkbd/) as
an experiment in Sugar. Here's the .iso he made with it added in (virtual
keyboard device icon is in the frame):

        http://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/sugar-vkbd-test/sugar-vkbd-test.iso

There is a screen cast of it at:

        http://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/sugar_vkbd_multi.ogv

And the feature wiki page is at:

        http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Onscreen_Keyboard

Also note that the Dextrose images have the gnome accessibility virtual
keyboard (enable it from the My Settings control panel). Its visual theme is
not very Sugar like, but I think it may be a better choice as is has all keys
available, the vkbd seems more for casual phone type messaging use (missing
lots of symbols you would need if you wanted to do a programming type task,
even missing some basic maths characters). I'm not sure how well the gnome
virtual keyboard is to localise, that would be rather critical to make sure it
works easily for many language keyboards.

Regards,
--Gary