Does the ACPI spec say anything about an ebook switch?  Lid switch,
power button and sleep button are standard ACPI thingys, but I'm not
sure there is an ACPI standard for other kinds of buttons.  A search of
the ACPI spec for "button" didn't find anything other than power and sleep.

ACPI, in general, tends to be about enumerating specific cases instead
of creating a general purpose framework.