That's strange, wherever I have used flash memory to serve as boot drive,
the kernel/userspace waits for the writes to be complete before powering
down. I have not experienced corruption that looks anything similar to
what's described. So the software is thinking it has written it but it
doesn't?

Best regards,
Tiago