On 17 March 2011 20:15, Daniel Drake <d...@laptop.org> wrote:
> On 17 March 2011 15:21, Sascha Silbe <si...@activitycentral.com> wrote:
>> From: Bernie Innocenti <ber...@codewiz.org>
>>
>> Backup to XS is initiated client side via a cron job, so it won't be
>> affected.
>
> Thanks for the patch but I'd like to leave this enabled. Having this
> enabled has previously allowed me to diagnose and fix bugs while in
> the field (specifically when keyboard/mouse becomes unresponsive, or
> when X freezes, or system becomes very slow but still responds to
> ssh).

Actually, on 2nd thoughts, this makes sense.
sshd is unusable by default since you have to set a password for the
olpc user on the commandline.
Enabling the service could just be another commandline step that you
have to perform.

However, a better way to achieve this is to do it via kickstart's
services command. Could you send another patch that disables it like
that?

Thanks,
Daniel