> The Journal and Portfolio are really important part of Walter's vision
> of Sugar.  They will be "system services", with strong enough
> modularization to allow multiple competing implementations.  I know
> how that will work in web/nativeclient model.  I'm not certain how
> that works on Android yet; hopefully by the end of this week I'll have
> some better ideas.

It has already happened:
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2010-June/024589.html

Now what I do not get is why everybody insist on having a central data
store like it would be the only option to implement Journal? My solution
would be just having per activity data store, activity launcher just
launches the activity which shows the available data objects in an
activity specific way. The activity launcher can then store the launched
activity in a journal or the activity can update the journal on "save
as..." or "new..." but those would be just links. Also the journal could
do full text search if the activity implements the supporting text
crawler. Now with HTML5 the journal would be links, on Android see the
linked message for information. So why is the current central data store
better that this proposal? Why does everybody chase a general versioned
data store implementation (which is impossible to create in my humble
opinion)?

What is a Portfolio?