sridhar wrote:
 > On 25 May 2011 12:45, Sridhar Dhanapalan <srid...@laptop.org.au> wrote:
 > > On 24 May 2011 23:42, Paul Fox <p...@laptop.org> wrote:
 > >> i think james cameron has better data, since he did the testing,
 > >> but i seem to recall that XO-1 doesn't overheat to the same extent
 > >> that you discovered with 1.5.  (unless you have more evidence
 > >> in that regard.)  if we were convinced that was true (and i'm
 > >> only surmising right now), then those old builds are less of
 > >> a worry.
 > >
 > > Does the wake-on-lid-open behaviour exist in older XO-1 builds? We
 > > haven't upgraded any XO-1s in quite some time.
 >
 > Answering my own question, it seems like wake-on-open was standard
 > behaviour in all builds prior to #10424.

right.

 > Fortunately, we haven't heard of any problems with XO-1s.

certainly not as serious as with XO-1.5:
    http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10402#comment:5

what's not clear is a) whether this condition can be caused by
lid-switch, and b) whether it can be caused in your charging
racks.  from my experience with those racks, i suspect the effects
won't be as severe as with vertical stacking.

paul