mikus wrote:
 > > Works fine from here.  I have tried several times over the past 24 hours
 > > and the connection worked ok each time.
 > >

 > I've been trying (browser, wget) on Jul 1 and Jul 2 and Jul 3 --
 > the attempted connection (ping tells me it's to  pedal.laptop.org
 >   < 18.85.2.148 >) ALWAYS times out.

you're not a verizon customer, by any chance?  a couple of us in the
office have been seeing the same symptom -- from verizon's FIOS
network (at least), 18.85.2.148 is inaccessible -- completely
unrouteable -- whereas dev.laptop.org (18.85.2.147) works just fine.

ed mcnierney has a service ticket open with VZ about it.

paul