On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 13:49, Peter Robinson <pbrobin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been working on keeping Fedora's deps in check for quite some
> time (from around Fedora 8 or 9 if my memory serves me correctly). Its
> unfortunately one of those pretty thankless and never ending jobs.

Thanks much!

> If people pick up on things where we can split
> certain features out into sub-packages so we don't pull in big deps do
> let me know,

Is there a tracking bug like https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7353 ?

build 20" message, I commented:

> 37.69mb perl
Something's always dragging Perl in, and OLPC engineers hack it out again.
`rpm -e --test perl` suggests /usr/bin perl is needed by inkscape ,
but my rpm-foo is weak. Inkscape might also be the one pulling in
> 6.54mb ImageMagick

> 0.45mb perl-Pod-Simple
I believe XO's don't include any documentation this generates.

> 1.77mb libbonobo
> 1.21mb libbonoboui
> 0.46mb ORBit2
Deprecated since Gnome 2.4 around 2007 and yet they're still around :-(

> 10.29mb wxGTK
I think the Audacity app for Gnome is the only thing that requires the
wx toolkit.

> 0.32mb rarian
> 0.23mb rarian-compat
These produce documentation that isn't shipped on the XOs.  See
https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8075

>> 11.61mb evolution-data-server
That's still there, but I think because gnome-panel-2.32 requires it,
and some other Gnome packages need libs from its package.

--
=S Page