New OFW can boot older Linux if you say:

ok false to use-fdt?
ok boot

On 3/26/2012 8:08 AM, Sascha Silbe wrote:
Excerpts from James Cameron's message of 2012-03-21 06:11:57 +0100:

- enable flattened device tree export to Linux, requires recent
   kernels, ticket #11568,
Does this just mean that recent kernels are needed in order to benefit
from FDT passing, or is Q4D06 unable to boot kernels that expect a
non-flattened (un-flattened?) device tree?

I'm specifically asking because recent kernels don't like my SD card
(only one in about twenty or fifty boots succeeds; two different
failure modes), so I'd need to make sure I diagnose and fix that
before upgrading OFW the next time.

Sascha