Hi,

The primary need is for the XOs in the school to have the same time (to a few seonds, even a minute or so, is probably ok. The primary need is to have information from the XOs be somewhat consistent. The school server time should also be accurate to a few minutes, of course.

At the moment, it is off by some hours because of problems setting the time zone. Some of the XOs are off by a day or two.

Once I get XS-0.7 set up (currently using XS-0.6 (NEXS version), it should be easy to set the school server time. Having a gps stick would reduce the burden on the school staff to administer although it may be possible to get low bandwidth access to the internet via a gsm modem (edge) which could allow ntp synchronization.

What I would really like is a method to allow the XOs to synchronize with the school server as they connect. This should happen two or three days a week when school is in session.

Yours,

Tony