DISCLAIMER:  I am not asking for help -- I'm sharing ny experiences

I often perform 'yum upgrade' - just to pick up the latest fixes from Fedora. But with 12.1.0 on an XO-1.5, I am encountering 'cpio' errors when the upgrade tries to unpack certain packages (e.g., gnome-keyring-3.4.1-3). Since there is no sign of their owners rushing to "fix" such packages, I figure the problem lies at my end.

One thing I have noticed with recent (on my XO-1.5) 12.1.0 builds is that filesystems /tmp and /var/tmp are absurdly small. I don't know if this is due to some customization I have applied, or if they come that way with 12.1.0. Anyway, I wonder if "running out of temporary space" might explain the 'cpio' failures (inside 'rpm') I'm seeing.

mikus