On Dec 30, 2012, at 12:55 PM, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:

>> Looks dead to me.  I suggest:
>>
>> 1.  remove external power cable and battery for five
>> minutes, then test again,
>>
>> 2.  remove and reseat the wireless card, (taking care
>> with electrostatic discharge risk),
>
> Tried 1 and 2 with no success. Unfortunatelly I do not have my other XOs with
> me right now test 3 but looks pretty gone.
>
> Tried to locate a sales point for 88w8686 sdio module but the only one I
> found [1] looks nothing like the XO's one.
> iLovemyXO also does not appear to have it.
> Are these available only through OLPC?

Possibly.   Their sale to other companies is encouraged, but as the SDIO
interface is generally only available in soldered-down modules they were
manufactured for OLPC.    They also take advantage of +1.8V SDIO signaling
and efficient +1.8V power supplies on the motherboard to save power.

For failure analysis reasons, can you verify the vintage of the 8686 card ?
The serial number of the laptop it came in should be sufficient.

If it is a developer unit, contact me off list with a shipping address.  I keep
few on hand for use with new motherboards.

Cheers,
wad