Additional speculation: testers may be also using the wrong gestures for this version of Android. On my Galaxy S3 smartphone, I do not need to triple tap to enable zoom and I can pan with one finger rather than two.

These two speculations aside, the zooming seems unresponsive at times, even when I am careful not to cross on X or Y

Tony

Speculation: some of the tests fail because a tester is using gestures
that have worked on a conventional touchscreen.  The XO-4 has a tilted
XY infrared touchscreen, and so certain gestures become ambiguous when
the fingers cross on XY coordinates.

If so, and the functions can be discovered, then a naive learner will
rapidly figure out gestures which work reliably.  The learned gestures
will also work on a conventional touchscreen.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/

This mail has been virus scanned by Australia On Line
see http://www.australiaonline.net.au/mailscanning