On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 2:56 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 7:34 PM, Mitch Bradley <w...@firmworks.com> wrote:
>> That early work is very detailed and very specific to grotty details
>
> Fantastic info -- thanks!
>
> Part of the story I am exploring is of why someone would want an EC
> and a tiny early interactive runtime for debugging (i.e. during bring
> up).
>
> In related news, I'm poking around with u-boot for the Novena board
> and maybe I'm missing some debugging tricks but it seems much harder
> to debug. When it doesn't boot all the way to a working u-boot, well,
> it doesn't and that's all you know.

Well the best you are going to get is enabling CONFIG_DEBUG to get
more verbose output.  If the crash is happening really early you can
enable the serial console by hand and use serial_puts, or puts to get
some output.

Otherwise you really need a jtag debugger.