On Sun, Aug 03, 2014 at 05:33:20PM -0700, Sameer Verma wrote:
> So, do we now have any OLPC-signed Sugar 102 images or are they
> still unsigned?

Unsigned.

What's the use case?

Is it that you want quick install, or that you have secured laptops?

For quick install:

- a small and simple installer on OLPC Wiki:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Firmware/Storage#How_to_automatically_install_an_unsigned_build

  or

- the 0.102 page on Sugar Labs Wiki refers to a tool used by Australia
  that can be customised:

  https://github.com/jmcmullen/olpc-teacher-update

For secured laptops:

- get them unsecured,

  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Collection_stick

  or

- make a local deployment key, unlock and insert the key, then sign
  the Sugar Labs 0.102 build with it.

On Sun, Aug 03, 2014 at 09:13:34PM -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
> I think James is the one who can sign these days. (Maybe Reuben
> too?)

Yes, for OLPC I'm the signer, and so can Reuben.

I must reproduce a build before I can honestly sign it though.

I don't plan to sign or publish a Fedora 18 with Sugar 0.102, as this
thread opens with.

(I'm more interested in Fedora 20 with Sugar 0.102.  I'm struggling
with kernel or low userspace system stability with Fedora 20.  Every
XO-4 that I've tested on shows evidence of cache corruption or a dirty
page list writeback pause when using loopback block device.  This
prevents easy use of olpc-os-builder on XO-4.  I'm also stymied by
devel@lists.laptop.org being down.)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/