James & All,

Will it work if one extricates an XO-1.5's internal microSD card and then
places it inside another XO-1.5?

e.g. allowing an Ace Teacher to make her own customized images offline in
Haiti, with the power of a screwdriver, then simply re-assembling her very
small collection of XO-1.5's after the "dd" duplication of microSD's is
done.

If this works, I will ask her to run "rm -rf /home/olpc/.sugar" first, in
order to delete all personal info on the master/template laptop, if she
really cares!  Context for this potential Lifesaver: the Ace Teacher does
not and cannot realistically use these more professional tools that we are
would normally advocate for:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OS_Builder
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Tiny_Core_Linux
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Customization_stick (deprecated!)