Hi everyone,

I'm really happy to announce the Numato Opsis platform is now avaliable on
CrowdSupply at https://www.crowdsupply.com/numato-lab/opsis

The reason I'm sending this email is that while the board was specifically
designed for the HDMI2USB.tv firmware I've been developing as part of the
TimVideos.us project (http://code.timvideos.us) for doing conference video
recording and live streaming, it has turned out to be remarkably similar to
that of the Mixxeo and Milkymist systems. If you were interested in either
of those devices, the Opsis platform might be something you want to
investigate.

As well, over the last 6 months, Florent has also been recreating our
original mess of Verilog and VHDL firmware in migen using much of the misoc
functionality developed for the Mixxeo / Milkymist. After seeing the huge
advantages that using misoc + migen is providing, it is likely we'll be
concentrating on this firmware going forward.

I'm really excited about trying to revitalise the video related
functionality in misoc. I'm very interested in doing things like the
following over the next couple of years;
 * Developing support for video connectivity like DisplayPort and SDI
developed.
 * Improving the existing video connectivity to run at higher resolutions
(for example 1080p using the Artix-7 or higher using high speed
transceivers).
 * Adding functionality for scaling and video mixing (probably based on
https://github.com/m-labs/mixxeo-soc/work).
 * Developing support for higher speed transport functionality like USB3.0
and RTMP via gigabit Ethernet.
 * Looking at support for capturing directly to USB and SATA hard drives.
 * much more.

If you are interested in anything in this space, I'd love to chat (and
maybe send you hardware?).

A big *thank you* to Florent for all the work he has put into getting misoc
working on our platform and to everyone who developing the original
Milkymist / Mixxeo stuff. We would not be anywhere as far along without the
help and functionality you all have provided.

Looking forward to an exciting time for open source video hardware!

Tim 'mithro' Ansell