Hi,

On 11/27/2013 08:03 AM, David Carne wrote:
> If mibuild is to be merged into / maintained with migen - could we
> consider removing the platforms/ tree from migen (and moving it into
> misoc)? It seems to me that most of the contents of the "platforms"
> folder is milkymist-specific.

Not really, M1 and Mixxeo are among a total of 9 boards there; many are
Xilinx/Altera devboards. And all can be used without MiSoC, if only for
the Migen tutorial, and the "rhino" platform file is also used in a
larger project that does not use MiSoC:
https://github.com/brandonhamilton/rhino-gateware

Also note that you can still use Migen without Mibuild (the distribution
into a single repository is really just a practical convenience) and
that you can put your own platform files anywhere Python would import them.

Sebastien