There appear to be 2 bproc problems in the tree right now:

1. I mailed Tim Prins / Greg Watson about one of them already (trying to compile bproc on systems that don't have bproc -- perhaps related to the .ompi_unignore from last night?).

2. The second was noticed by Joel Krauska from Cisco (he'll probably be on this list shortly). Here's a mail he sent to me last night:

I haven't done the due diligence to attempt to disable the bproc stuff -- it just appears to not agree with my system and it's in the stock "make".. I will later read the documentation, but it looks like

ompi/orte/mca/pls/bproc_seed/pls_bproc_seed.c:446
    rc = bproc_vrfork(num_nodes, node_list, daemon_pids);

conflicts with my scyld system's
/usr/include/sys/bproc.h
        int  bproc_vrfork     (int *nodes, int nnodes);

Right now, I think we're just checking for bproc.h to determine if the system has bproc -- we're not doing anything to figure out *which* bproc you have (LANL vs. Scyld).

Does anyone have any Scyld machines lying around? The prototype for vrfork() is one indicator, but not the easiest to test fork -- are they any other telltale #define's or such that we can use for testing in configure?

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project